Monday, April 9, 2012

Some blood and guts

I was on call at the hospital this weekend, and wouldn't you know it, the babies came like rain in Spain on the plains. Babies to the rights of me, babies to the left of me, babies flying in from everywhere. Actually, there were only three. But it sure seemed like a lot.

I had my actual first ever delivery on Friday night around midnight. Wow. Let's just say it was a good thing I was wearing my special sticky football gloves. That was one slippery little baby. It was pretty awesome to be a part of such a significant event. The little guy and I shared a moment when he first popped out as I cradled him in my hands. "Thanks for letting me be a part of this" I tried to communicate as we stared at each other. I could tell he was just as emotional as he looked at me with wide eyes that seemed to say, "Just don't drop me!"

The other two deliveries were just as exciting. I also learned that I don't really want to do OB for a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment