Thursday, April 12, 2012

Five Manly Movies That Will Make You Cry and Still Make You Feel Manly

Today's intro is short and sweet. Five Manly Movies That Will Make You Cry and Still Make You Feel Manly (okay so the title is long, but that's all the intro you get)

(Spoiler Alert! Do not read below if you don't want to know some surprises in these movies)

Saving Private Ryan

This is an intense movie throughout. But the final scene, where they are standing in the cemetery and the old man pleads to his wife, "Tell me I've led a good life. Tell me I'm a good man." Wow. It puts a lump in my throat just thinking about it.

Tears of the Sun

I make it through 90% of this movie questioning how it could ever make me cry. Explosions, gunfights, chases, more explosions. It's super manly, low on emotion. And then the final chase scene happens. The one guy goes back for the pregnant woman, and shields her with his body. And I lose it. Seriously, I'm a wreck for the rest of the day.

The Green Mile

A gentle giant gets put in the electric chair. He saves a dying woman, and her husband is the one who has to put him to death. "Please boss, don't put that thing over my face, don't put me in the dark. I's afraid of the dark."

Braveheart

Does it get any more manly than this? Bunch of dudes running around with blue paint on their faces, chopping off body parts, throwing off tyranny, and delivering passionate speeches. I can feel the testosterone coursing through me just thinking about it. And then his wifey dies. Not cool.

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

What an amazing trilogy. While there were plenty of emotional scenes throughout the 400 hours needed to watch all three movies, the scene in the final movie when the hobbits are told not to now.

John Q

A desperate father, whose insurance won’t cover his son’s heart transplant, takes the hospital’s emergency room hostage until the doctors agree to perform the operation. But a heart donor appears just in time to stop John from committing suicide to save his son. I cried at this one even before I was a father. I'm not sure I could handle watching it now

Some titles that almost made the cut:
Rudy
Up
Toy Story 3
Armageddon
Old Yeller
I Am Legend

No comments:

Post a Comment