Monday, April 16, 2012

Life in L&D

Last week of my OB rotation. I might be going a little crazy with cabin fever. Most of the time I spend the day doing a lot of hoping that something will happen. While the deliveries have been fun and exciting, I really dislike the unpredictability of it all. If everyone would just have scheduled C-sections, the OB life would be great. Of course, there is a higher morbidity and mortality risk with C-sections, so that's probably why that strategy hasn't taken off yet.

I delivered a placenta on Friday. That's kinda like delivering a baby, except nobody minds if you drop it a couple of times.

There will be an update to Friday's Physiology post a little later today as I feel I need to clarify some points and answer some questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment