Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday's Wedded Bliss: Communication

Quick update before we get into the good stuff. I started my cardiology rotation on Monday, and unlike OB, I have to work. A lot. But it's good and I'm happy to be seeing patients again. However, I have less time to create original content. So I'm going to attempt to do all my writing on the weekends and then parse it out during the week. Also, next week, my wife is going to help me out. We have some good stuff planned on what a husband need from his wife, and what a wife needs from her husband. It will be excellent. Don't miss it.

Now for the good stuff. Communication is huge in marriage. When my wife and I are on the same page, when we both are talking and discussing what is going on with us, life is a whole lot smoother. But when we forget to talk things out, or forget to discuss events, things go bad quickly. Tension builds, tempers flare, people die. Well, not the last one, but it gets ugly around here. So we work hard on communication.

My wife doesn't know it yet, but we are going to be starting something new in our marriage. In my readings, I came across a blog that had 5 questions for a husband and wife to ask each other every week. Without telling her, I have been trying to incorporate these questions into our conversations over the past couple of weeks. And it has been good, but now it's time for a full blown experiment. I'll let you know how it goes. For now, here are the questions:

1. How did you feel loved this past week?
2. What does your upcoming week look like?
3. How would you feel most loved & encouraged in the days ahead?
4. How would you best feel pursued in sex / intimacy this week?
5. How can I pray for you this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment